Yes, you can paint a garage door
A savvy homeowner knows that a fresh coat of paint makes everything look new. Painting a garage door is no different. Follow these simple steps to achieve a flawless finish:
- Prepare the surface by cleaning and removing all rust, then sand
- Mask any area you do not want painted with heavy-duty painter’s tape and lay down drop cloths
- Prime the garage door with exterior paint primer
- Apply a quality exterior paint
- Wait at least 12 hours before deciding if a second coat is needed
Practice good maintenance and care to make your efforts last, or even easier, hire a garage door service to do it for you.